The answers you are looking for
What is Kōrero?
Kōrero is an online survey community owned by Māori Television where anyone can give their feedback on important matters direct to Māori Television.
Once you’ve joined up and become part of the whānau, you can join in online surveys and discussions to give us your opinions on various things to do with Māori Television and other matters important to Māori. There is no cost to sign up and you’re free to pick and choose which surveys and discussions you want to be part of.
You’ve probably got some questions. If they’re not answered in the frequently asked questions below, just ask us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- We would like you to take part in online surveys and discussion groups. To do that, you will need to join up to Kōrero. This is easy and free and can be done here. You can take part as much or as little as you like – we will never put you under pressure to participate. To say thanks for taking part, each time you take part in a survey or discussion we will enter you into a prize draw.
- A whole range of things including the types of programmes you enjoy, what you think of Māori Television or maybe how you think we could be doing better.
- Anyone can join Kōrero, mā tātou – so encourage your whānau and friends to join as well.
- To have your say, go in the draw for great prizes and help make Māori Television the best it can be for you and your whānau.
- Yes, anyone in your whare can join, so long as they use their own email address and are 15 years or older.
- Each time you complete a survey or discussion, we will enter you into prize draws to win gift vouchers and Prezzie cards to spend on whatever you want. We also hope you will also find some reward in helping shape the future of Te Ao Māori.
- No. Membership of the Kōrero will not cost you anything (other than your own costs for being online).
- About once a month, but this may vary.
- You can stay in the Kōrero community for as long as you like and you don’t have to respond to all activities. However, you can terminate your membership at any time by unsubscribing.
- Your survey answers will remain anonymous. They will be combined with responses from other Kōrero members when they are reported.
However, when you are participating in a discussion (as opposed to a survey) your chosen display name and comment/s will be visible to all others participating in the discussion.
In rare cases where we would like to publish your comment/s from a survey or a discussion, we would seek your written approval prior to publishing your comment/s.
- Your answers are confidential and are not individually identifiable within poll or questionnaire findings. Panel members’ responses to Kōrero questionnaires are collated and a summary published on the website. Your personal details are not displayed or connected to your answers.
- You will be notified by email, and you’ll just need to follow the simple instructions.
- This will vary – normally about five minutes. You’ll always be told how long on average it will take in the email invitation. If you wish, you can stop a survey part way through and return to it later.
- We like surveys to be completed within 5 days. However, some surveys may have a shorter turnaround time and others a little longer.
- The research will be used by Māori Television to continue improving our service to our viewers. Research results may also be published in the media and in Māori Television publicity.
- No. All you need is:
- access to the internet
- an email account
- a broadband connection for viewing videos posted from time to time
- Just contact our team by clicking ‘Contact‘ on the Kōrero website.
- We try to respond within 72 hours if an enquiry is sent during office hours, and on the next available working day if sent at weekends or on public holidays.
- Just email your email address and updated details to email@example.com.
- Check your ‘Junk’ folder to make sure our emails aren’t being treated as spam. If you find an email from us in there, mark our email address as a ‘safe sender’. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender.
If there’s nothing from us in your ‘Junk’ folder, log in and check that your email address is correct. If both these things are fine, this means that you simply haven’t been drawn as a respondent lately.
- Yabble is an award winning competitive intelligence platform and one of New Zealand’s leading online research companies that specialises in building and managing online communities and running surveys, discussions and polls. Yabble is responsible for the maintenance of the Kōrero survey platform, programming and hosting surveys, and community administration. Further information about Yabble can be found at www.yabblezone.net
- If you have any problems email us describing the problem (please tell us as much about the problem as you can) and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Email us at email@example.com.
Still have questions?
Please contact us below and we will answer your questions as soon as possible.